- Robin Good, an extraordinary social media evangelist posted about the Future of Conferences: Critical viewpoints from Nancy White, George Siemens and Gerd Leonhard. I chose to feature Nancy White because of her expertise in writing about and supporting online communities.
- The Aids Committee of York Region has gone live on Facebook. In my congratulatory post there are a few tips to get started with your organization’s Facebook page. Click Here to view post.
- The Character Community Foundation of York Region is building community one conversation at a time. You can view a short video of poet laureate for Toronto, Pier Giorgio di Cicco as he speaks about character and community building.
- The York Community Data Sharing Symposium # 2 brought people together from across York Region (face to face & virtually). One of the goals was to learn how might we apply the “tools” of Open Space + Open Data + Social Media to improve the quality of life for all in York Region. Mark Kusnicki was the keynote presenter. His slidecast (audio included), titled Social Web, Social Change and the Return of Community is outstanding.
- The York Region Youth Services Collaboration Mapis a dynamic online resource for workers serving youth at risk. The collaboration map is in its beginning stage and you can help. Drop by and add your organizations contact information.